Due to popular demand, we’re re-posting this entry from our old blog, posted back in 2009!
We served up our Homewerx Signature Eggnog again his year, and it never fails to impress! Here’s the recipe:
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Mount Gay dark rum
- 1/4 cup Remy Martin Grand Cru Cognac
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
- Beat yolks in a very large bowl until thick and pale. Slowly beat in sugar. Whisk in milk and 2 cups cream. Mix in bourbon, rum, and Cognac. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, beat whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into eggnog. Whisk remaining 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form, and fold into eggnog. (Alternatively, you can fold half the whipped cream into eggnog, and top with remaining half.) Sprinkle with nutmeg.